[Sca-cooks] Gunthar's Laurel Ceremony - LONG

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Tue May 27 12:16:56 PDT 2008

Yeah!  I'm so glad there was one of the Regina's present!  I have a severe
dislike of heat, so if I'd been able to come I would have coward in the air
conditioned hall pretending to be talking Laurel things :-)

The one thing I dislike about these New Fangled Laurel things (got mine at
Pennsic X, when no one had researched dirt enough so the Laurels had to do
with good solid rock as God intended :-) is that they get Long.  Well,
you've had yours and I'm positive that every word was deserved and golden...
and you won't remember one of them once the full shock sinks in.

(Evil chuckle - I just remember my jaw dropping as my name was called after
this little guy in a white outfit and turban was called forward for his
Laurel - Named Carry a duck, or Cariadoc of the Bow, or something like that)

Welcome to the Order!  It is so deserved and I'm so proud not only to know a
patient List Moderator, but a darn fine 40 pac bus driver!

Regina Romsey, 'Lanie's landlady and Looong Time Gunthar fan

> Master Robin of Gilwell spoke as my Lion. I've decided that it
> may be a bad idea to have a bunch of bards speak for you in
> your ceremony. It gets a bit long.
> But he was magnificent.

Is Master Robin of mature years, live in Bolder, and does or used to do
Computer type things when not doing important SCA things?