[Sca-cooks] A&S judging

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Sat Nov 1 13:47:17 PDT 2008

Stefan wrote:

What kind of dust did it stir up? No one has sent me an opposing
article to post.  And I would consider such an article. If anyone of
you disagrees with an article or message in the Florilegium, you do
have the chance to get your research/opinions posted, although it
will have to meet similar standards.

My response:

Well the article is an opinion piece and as such is quite opinionated.  In
particular my opinions regarding the issue of reasonable substitution as
they apply to the use of  languages struck sparks.  "Shocked and appalled"
was the phrase apparently bandied about in some circles.  I suggested that
"he who was most offended" pen an article in rebuttal.  He declined and in
rather flowery language bid me leave the Society.  As he is a peer I did not
press the matter.

Daniel