[Sca-cooks] Was Re: OT: GoTV Now Barbeque Sauce Variations

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:49:24 PST 2008

 Most of the barbeque around here has become kind of homogenized.  We do
occasionally see a place that serves North Carolina style barbeque, which is
vinegar based.  But it is still different from the Georgia style barbeque
that I learned how to make from my grandfather.  Essentially, you take a
pork roast and cook it with a little salt and pepper until it is tender
enough to be shredded with a fork.  Take the pan juices, add cider vinegar,
butter, black pepper and a little lemon juice in a sauce pan and bring to a
boil.  Shred the pork, put into a baking dish and pour the sauce over it.
Cut a lemon into a spiral (or two depending on how much pork you have and
the size of the baking dish), and brown in the oven.  Pretty simple, but
VERY good.  I can still hear my grandmother fussing at Grandpa about putting
too much pepper into the mix and making it too hot!

Kiri