[Sca-cooks] Who gets in free to feasts

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 14 13:34:20 PST 2008

Antonia di Benedetto Calvo:

>I think that's it's pretty terrible that royals' last-minute guests are
>higher on the comp pecking order than *COOKS*.

I’m not expressing an opinion one way or the other, but remember that we
are re-creating “medieval” times where royalty and their guests/friends
ranked higher than those who labored in the kitchens.  We often put our
modern sensibilites into the medieval atmosphere we say we are re-creating.
We want nobles, dukes and kings, but then we say that they aren’t any
better than anyone else... :-)

Alys K.

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com