[Sca-cooks] Fish at feasts

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 16:04:55 PST 2008

I served poached salmon at a feast for 300+.  It was a period recipe, poached in beer.  Everyone loved it.  A few people later told me that they normally hated fish, but loved what I served.

I have also done pickled herring, which went over very well.

I also considered doing lutefisk, but turned it into a subtlety/joke dish and served almond jello instead, molded like a fish.  Only two people complained about the substitution.

Huette