[Sca-cooks] Vitha's sea bass recipe

Kerri Martinsen kerrimart at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 22 17:23:45 PST 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Vitha gave an interesting recipe for stuffed fish. Unfortunately, some of
> the fractions didn't seem to come through (#$%%@! Microsoft).
>
> Vitha, can you give use the fraction for:
>
> The last are obviously degrees, but I hate to guess on the amounts,
> especially on the amount of fish to use.
>
> thanks.
>    Stefan
> --------

Grumble...
Of course - trying again...
.75 lb fish fillet (sea bass used)

0.5 t Ginger, fresh
4 threads saffron
4 mission figs
0.5 apple, grated
Salt & pepper
2 T pinenuts

2 T red wine vinegar
4 threads saffron
0.5 tsp pwdered forte

1 sprig rosemary

Mix first column of ingredients together. Set aside. Mix vinegar &
remainder ingredients and warm slightly to steep saffron. Slice fillet
in half from the top. Put stuffing in the middle of filet. Baste with
more vinegar sauce. Lay Rosemary sprig on top of fish. Fold up
parchment to make an envelope.

Bake at 350F for 20 min, or until internal temp reaches 135F.

Any better?

Vitha