[Sca-cooks] Lists Re: OOP - Selecting the new White House Executive Chef

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 11:32:42 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 2:06 PM,  <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> wrote:
> I think there are a number of more narrowly focused lists out there
> including SCA Food and Feasts (is that a yahoogroup? I forget) and the
> Authentic cooking list-- can people suggest other lists of that ilk?
> --
> -- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

There's godecookery.  And then there are lists for specific types of
foods or cooking methods (subtleties, open-fire) and cuisines.cultures
(Apicius, probably others).

Samia, although SCA-Cooks is high-volume, and often OOP and/or OT, it
also has a very large population of experienced and knowledgeable SCA
cooks.  If I wanted to know how to make fritters for 350 people, or
what fruits would be appropriate for a 15th c. German autumn feast,
this is the first place I'd ask.

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
My NEW email is rcarrollmann at gmail.com