[Sca-cooks] OT&OOP-Cranberries

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 25 17:32:32 PST 2008

On Nov 25, 2008, at 8:54 PM, Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps wrote:

> Was written:
>>> Cranberries. Roughly-equal-mass-sugar. Tiny pinch of salt. Simmer
>> until berries burst. Fresh orange zest. Booze, preferably Grand
>> Marnier, Curacao, or Triple Sec.
> I sub light honey for sugar and tossing in orange marmalade.

That'll work, too. I have something of an obsession for "essential"
flavors, though, and while my preference for choosing between eating a
spoonful of honey and a spoonful of sugar would be to eat the honey, I
like the clarity that comes with using the sugar in this instance.

But by all means, this is a simple thing with endless variations based
on preference...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter