[Sca-cooks] White House Chef

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 27 02:20:00 PST 2008

Selene said:

<<< You are correct ma'am.  The article originally cited said so, but
that
the new administration may or may not hire someone new, and if so, some
talk about the qualifications.  NOT TV stars.  >>>

I say, definitely not. Most of the TV "chefs" I've seen have egos
that are too big for such a position.

<<< This is a working
kitchen, not a floor show.  Someone devoted to service rather than
personal glorification... their description puts me in mind of the Order
of the Pelican, yesno?  <== on topic content! >>>

Except that the White House chef gets a rather not-inconsequential
salary. Most Pelicans probably don't. At least not from their SCA
activities.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas