[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 31, Issue 91

Robert & Tara Brinsfield daig73 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 29 06:48:43 PST 2008

What is Cajun coffee?  Is this coffee with peppers added? Is this
> coffee processed by feeding the beans to Cajuns, as with that furry
> animal? :-)
>
> Stefan

Most often, Cajun Coffee is real dark roasts, or roasts that include Chicory. The most popular ones being the chicory blends. ESPECIALLY if they are from New Orleans!...LOL..Tis what I was taught growing up in Southwest Louisiana. (In SCA locales, that would be the Shire of Blackmoor Keep, Lake Charles, Louisiana)

In the right parts of Louisiana, they will also tell you that the best "Cajun" coffee is Community Coffee-New Orleans blend. I know I go out of my way to buy some every time I go back to visit family. Did that clear it up for you, Stefan?.....LOL

Lady Marguerite le Chanvierre