[Sca-cooks] Louisiana coffee with chicory and crawfish

Pat Griffin ldyannedubosc at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 00:17:07 PST 2008

Stefan, I will be at GW, and I will be drinking Luzianne, French Market, or Cafe Du Monde coffee.  I'll be encamped with Ayle Keep.  You are, of course, welcome to come visit, and beg a cup of coffee.

As far as crawfish, I've seldom found a shallow, swift stream in the South without them.  All you need to do is scoop up as many as you wish to eat with a net.  Keep alive until cooking, just like crab.  I cook and serve them by dumping the whole critters into boiling water to which has been added some Old Bay seasoning, immediately removing from the heat, and allowing to sit, covered for about 10 minutes, draining, and dumping onto a picnic table covered by a bleached white sheet.  Serve with melted garlic butter, and some whole loaves of fresh bread.

Mordonna

"If you ignore the dragon, it will eat you. If you confront the dragon, it will overpower you. If you ride the dragon, you will take advantage of its might and power."