[Sca-cooks] Cooking for Power

Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 25 14:56:09 PST 2008

Seeing the original / an earlier message, it was clearer to me:

Cooking For Power, as in for the *powerful* / *mighty* / *rich* / *governing* figures of their time.

Yes, the Medici, the Borgia, royalty & nobility & princes of the Church & ambassadors & merchant magnates.

Ya know, the people whose names ARE remembered and whose foibles are still discussed centuries after their deaths.

(English -- it's a slippery little ingrate of a language, always trying to trip up the unsuspecting...)
  Suey, another phrase you may see is some variation upon "speak truth to power", which was one of the historical bardic responsibilities, and rights.ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe / Adieu, Amra Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA "Other": Reverend Kihe Blackeagle PULC (the DreamSinger Bard) alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen  http://www.livejournal.com/users/kihebard/