[Sca-cooks] Chefs in History u0p to 1500 A.C.

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Nov 25 18:48:59 PST 2008

There are reference books on the subject of chefs and cooks.
Culinary Biographies is one of course.
http://www.culinarybiographies.com/
This was the project of the late Alice Arndt.
Determining the name can often be accomplished if one can go through
the household accounts which list position and amount paid for the work
done.
And of course once one has a name, historical cooks like other people,
can be researched in the accounts and histories of the era.

Johnnae