[Sca-cooks] sauerkraut...was...unusual Thanksgiving

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 26 02:06:32 PST 2008

Etain mentioned:

<<< I still feel the childhood canned sauerkraut pain! >>>

I wonder if it is any closer to good sauerkraut is than canned haggis
is to real haggis.  There are some comments in the Florilegium file
on haggis about canned haggis. It is apparently almost universally
reviled.

<<< One of the first things I learned about sauerkraut.....ALWAYS buy
it in a
bag!   Then again, I live in Pennsylvania and there is Amish kraut
available
"fresh"...in plastic bags all year round!   >>>

For those that might be interested, in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section of
the Florilegium:
sauerkraut-msg    (36K)  9/25/05    Period sauerkraut and pickled
cabbage.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas