[Sca-cooks] Cranberries

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Sat Nov 29 15:37:25 PST 2008

My cranberry and mixed fruit compote got an "It's to DIE FOR!"
recommendation out of Santa Claus, so I'm pretty happy with it.  Ended up
using a Pecan Cordial for the alcohol flavoring (because it was there - some
random leftover from an A&S competition or SCA party no doubt) and it in and
of itself was outstanding.

I've been eating it on baked potato, gluten-free pancakes, rice porridge,
and in some wild rice I cooked up, not to mention on the turkey thighs I
cooked for my "leftovers".  I haven't found anything yet it wasn't darned
tasty on.  Unfortunately, it was a perfect storm sort of recipe, re-creating
it would depend on having the same ingredients hanging out in my fridge
again.  And having that yummy liqueur.  Although, chances of that are pretty
good, the blueberry brandy I thought I had was an SCA friend's creation as
well, and I just ended up finding the Pecan instead.  So there is no telling
what sort of interesting alcoholic thing I might have on my shelf at any
given time (I'm not much of a drinker, so they tend to hang out for a while
when I get them).

Christianna