[Sca-cooks] BOOK: Food: The History of Taste

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Nov 2 09:45:35 PST 2008

The book is pretty good, especially in parts since each chapter
is written by a different person. The authors include Woolgar.
The problem is how much can one say
when one covers centuries in one chapter. Nice illustrations.
UC Press has it on sale at the moment through its Autumn Sale.
Bibliographies were good. It's not essential but as coffee table/gift
volumes go, it was nice.

Johnnae