[Sca-cooks] scottish recipes

Sydney Walker Freedman freedmas at stolaf.edu
Sun Nov 23 17:47:31 PST 2008

My Lord Sgefan,

Have you looked at Alexander Necham's writings by any chance?  They
are very helpful when it comes to 12th-century life, and there's even
a small section on cookery.  Some of his work is translated in the
book *Daily Living in the Twelfth Century* by... well, my brain seems
to have gone somewhere for a moment.  Anyway, you may find it helpful.
 Also, the entire Latin text is available through Google books.  If I
weren't a busy college student, I'd do a translation.  :)

Pax Christi,
Lady Cecilia de Cambrige