[Sca-cooks] OOP - Selecting the new White House Executive Chef

Sisuile Butler sisuile at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 07:39:41 PST 2008

Speaking of "by appointment to the crown" and TV chefs, tangential news:
>  Food Network has hired back Robert Irvine for "Dinner Impossible".  Ya
> know, back when I was job-hunting, lying on your resume was considered a Bad
> Thing... but evidently the viewers liked him better than his replacement so
> he's back.

He was better than his replacement - at least much more entertaining. I was
happy to hear this, because he did a more than passable job at hosting that
show and, though his menus started to get a little repetitive in style, it
was much more fun to watch.

On-Topic Content:  Yaah, he managed passably on the RenFaire show but let's
> throw him into a Kingdom Twelfth Night and see if he founders.
>
> *grins* watching him with those knives was a hoot. On the other hand, if
given a chance to research beforehand, he might be able to pull off a
kingdom 12th night - though our people are much less likely to put up with
his bullying. At least he'd get experienced help until we threw up our hands
and left. ;)

-sisuile
--
"Dance the day, sing the night, and live your dreams in both."