[Sca-cooks] Lists Re: OOP - Selecting the new White House Executive Chef

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Nov 25 11:06:29 PST 2008

> Am I the only one who thinks this does not belong on this list?
>
> Samia

Samia, this is one of the quirks of this list.

I'm not sure what the list description says (haven't looked in a while)
but while list participants often talk about cooking in the pre-1600/1650
period and about cooking in the SCA, what the list really is primarily is
a social discussion list for people who are interested in cooking in the
SCA. As a result, there's a lot of non-historical, sometimes non-cooking,
sometimes even non-historical and non-cooking chatter on the list, and
that's the way the list works. For some people that works, and for others
it doesn't.

I think there are a number of more narrowly focused lists out there
including SCA Food and Feasts (is that a yahoogroup? I forget) and the
Authentic cooking list-- can people suggest other lists of that ilk?

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net