[Sca-cooks] Who gets in free to feasts.

Solveig Throndardottir nostrand at acm.org
Thu Nov 13 19:59:18 PST 2008

Noble Cooks!

Greetings from Solveig!

> Here in Meridies they have taken the possibility of divisiveness out
> of the picture by creating Kingdom Policy regarding who can and cannot
> be comped:
>
> Autocrat
> Head Cook
> King & Queen
> Prince & Princess
> Sitting Baron & Baroness (if a Baronial event, if the Barony is
> hosting a Kingdom event - no comp)

Personally, I think that this is an overly large list. Generally
speaking,
I think that the people being "comped" should be limited to those
who have to be there and whose obligations at the event prevent
them from generally participating in the event's activities. This can
be extended a bit when bringing in teachers from out of kingdom
to scholae or when employing mundane experts.

Full-time kitchen staff should generally be fed if at all possible
especially if their kitchen duties interfere with sitting in the feast
hall, but  they should not be comped for the site fee.

Your Humble Servant
Solveig Throndardottir
Amateur Scholar