[Sca-cooks] Cat Litter substitute

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 15:50:13 PDT 2008

In a message dated 10/1/2008 2:10:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
selene at earthlink.net writes:

<<Also,  I'm a bit dubious about "flushable" anything.  In this case:  as
the starch particles soak, they expand and you could have a toilet
blockage to deal with. >>

We have been using flushable cat litter for years, first a brand made from
recycled paper and now moving to one made from wheat.  Friends of ours use one
made from corn (maize).  As long as you follow the instructions and scoop and
flush daily, there hasn't been a problem with blockages at all.  Even after a
weekend, you simply have to break down the material needing to be flushed into
several smaller batches.

Brangwayna Morgan