[Sca-cooks] salmon recipe

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 3 21:41:56 PDT 2008

I guess you could use salmon as the basis for mortews of fish and
serve that cold; I find mortews generally less terrifying if made with
coarse crumbs of a high-gluten bread, which gives it a fluffier and
less leaden texture.

The only other minced/ground/pulverized salmon dish I can think of
offhand is in one of the books in Curye On Inglysch; a recipe for,
IIRC, saumon gentil, which I seem to recall involves filleted salmon
pounded (raw) in a mortar, salted and spiced, then extruded through a
cow's horn funnel into simmering water, with the resulting dumplings
cut into serving portions and served with spice powder...

Adamantius

Sent from my iPod