[Sca-cooks] scallops

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 01:54:50 PDT 2008

Sorry it's parsley Stefan! Regarding to my friends the scallops need cold
waters. They are not fished in the Mediterraneum but in the Atlantic, in the
North and not in the South. But here in Sweden it's not any scallops at all,
we eat here the scallops imported from France, Spain or the US.
By the way I ate a few days ago new catched lobster and new catched crabs,
such delicate flavours! It was in an island near Gothemburg, in the West
cost of Sweden. We ate them without any condiment, cooked them with a pinch
of salt only.
Ana

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>wrote:

> Ana said:
> <<< I have eaten the scallops in Santiago de Compostela, the place most
> related
> to the scallops, the "shells" given to the pilgrims as a proof of their
> pilgrimage. (I was a fake pilgrim, flew to Santiago as a part of an
> International writer's crew). They are called "vieyras" and they are eaten
> very simply, five minutes in the pan, a bit persil and a lot of butter and
> garlic. >>>
>
> That's true. Scallops were the symbol for Santiago de Compostela
> pilgrimages.  That makes me wonder if my earlier thought in my last message
> that scallops were common along most coasts was wrong.  If they had been
> that common, why would they have been used as a pilgrimage symbol, unless
> this was just because they would have been unusual to most folks living away
> from the coasts.
>
> What is "persil"? Is this parsley or something else?
>
> Thanks,
>
>    Stefan
> --------
>   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com

http://www.ekopolitan.com Grön sajt/Green

http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci