[Sca-cooks] OOP canning adventures

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Wed Oct 15 04:54:16 PDT 2008

In a message dated 10/15/2008 12:52:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:

Does  someone make the right sized
lids? Or do you do as Etain suggested  and reuse the lids until the
gasket gives out?
I haven't bought these jars in years because of the size disparity.   I'm
guessing that they have made the opening a standard size now.   If  you reuse the
lid...you can only do so once.   Which is why I stopped  buying the stuff.
Then again, I grow enough tomatoes, I make my own sauce  now.

Etain