[Sca-cooks] Clary Sage Flowers - Source

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 13:52:03 PDT 2008

I guess I'm sort of with the others...I've seen references to clary wine in
recipes and have assumed that they meant claret.  In fact, I have an 18th
century recipe for syllabub (from Colonial Williamsburg) that definitely
refers to claret wine, but is very similar to earlier period recipes for
similar types of desserts.

Kiri