[Sca-cooks] And now a meatier question...

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:33:56 PDT 2008

> My question is, what should go *in* them? I am, er, "blessed" with a
> consort who won't eat cold food so I have limited experience with things
> in a crust that are good when cold. I was planning on a meaty filling and
> a non-meaty filling for religious persons and others who may be abstaining
> from meat.

Off the top of my head:
Pasties filled with meat in gravy.
(You can even do the Welsh trick of crimping an
end and putting jelly there for dessert)

Quiche - name yer poison.

Meat tarts made with chicken or beef or pork.

Papadams filled with curried vegetables
(boil potatoes, carrots, onions, parsnips in veggie
stock and add curry and spice to taste. Make
calzone dough and wrap)

Spinach pie. Mushroom pie.

Little Icelandic Chickens (boneless thighs wrapped
in bacon and sage then wrapped in dough and baked)

Hard sausage, cheese, fruit.

Gunthar