[Sca-cooks] And now a meatier question...

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Oct 21 14:25:50 PDT 2008

I would have looked in the Flori-thingy except that it keeps timing out.
ANyway...

:-)

So not only did I agree to make mustard for the Twelfth Night raffle, I am
also the lunch cook. We can't actually *use* the kitchen on site, so
anything we serve will have to be either heated in roasters or served
cold. The event steward is angling for a "sack lunch" sort of thing, which
would include a cold pasty or some such item. This is not a problem--I
have an extra fridge at the moment and those two lovely ovens, so they
could be baked a couple days in advance and refrigerated.

My question is, what should go *in* them? I am, er, "blessed" with a
consort who won't eat cold food so I have limited experience with things
in a crust that are good when cold. I was planning on a meaty filling and
a non-meaty filling for religious persons and others who may be abstaining
from meat.

There's no time/place restrictions on the menu at the moment.

Many many thanks,

Margaret FitzWilliam