[Sca-cooks] What the tourist cannot know

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 08:14:10 PDT 2008

Susan Fox wrote:
> That suggestion about a Florilegium topic makes some sense.  Stefan
> keeps the topics to historical subjects but on the other hand, the
> "Travel" section includes: "SCA-by-train Traveling to SCA events by
> train"  and  "SCA-transport Typical and unusual SCA vehicles and
> transportation." Therefore, present-day travel tips are OK as long as
> they pertain to the SCA somehow.
My idea is restaurants. Travel guides tend to give you the popular
tourist restaurant but not that little local place with the delicious
homemade food or some other place where you had an enjoyable meal
traveling to or from SCA events for example. My Dad had to go to a small
town a half hour from home once a week. Everytime he came back with  the
best southern fried chicken and potatoe salad you found ever taste. The
town probably is in no tourist book to say nothing of the little
restuarant where he bought it.
Susan