[Sca-cooks] OOP canning adventures

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 09:42:19 PDT 2008

Really? We re-used jars for years, and pressured canned all the time
without any such breakage.  Wouldn't the flaws show up the first time
they go under pressure?

alex

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Pixel, Goddess and Queen
<pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com> wrote:

> One caution, if you are pressure canning you should be using new jars, since
> reused ones may have stress-induced flaws that cause them to shatter under
> the pressure of the canner.
>
> Margaret
> (T-minus four days to an actual kitchen!!!)
>--
"I'm buying this fabric/book now in case I have an emergency...you
know, having to suddenly make presents for everyone, sickness,flood,
injury, mosquito infestations, not enough silk in the house, it's
Friday..."  ;)