[Sca-cooks] Forthcoming titles Fall 2008 LONG

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 14 13:24:01 PDT 2008

>*The Good Wife's Guide (Le Menagier De Paris): A Medieval Household Book
>(Hardcover) *
>by Donald Phillip Verene (Editor), Gina L. Greco (Translator) 408 pages.
>**Cornell University Press (Feb 2009) *ISBN-10:* 0801447380. *ISBN-13:*
>978-0801447389.
>paperback and hardcover
>http://www.cornellpress.cornell.edu/cup_detail.taf?ti_id=5265

This one intrigues me.  The website emphasizes that this is the first
*complete* English translation.  I know of Eileen Powers' translation, and
know there's been another (I forget the author's name), but wasn't aware
that neither was complete.  Does anyone know what might have been left
out?  If it isn't cooking-related, it might be a "take it from the library"
book rather than a "buy my own copy" book.

Sandra