[Sca-cooks] Historical Apples

Mark Hendershott crimlaw at jeffnet.org
Mon Oct 27 09:57:36 PDT 2008

I've been casually following this thread.  I'm surprised I haven't
seen a suggestion to try farmstands or farmers markets (if this
suggestion was made, then I'm too casual).  A farmstand nearby
(Southern Oregon) sometimes has 12-15 bins of different apples.  No
really ancient varieties but lots of different kinds.  They had
Gravensteins earlier in the fall but they are over with now.

Simon Sinneghe
Briaroak, Summits, An Tir