[Sca-cooks] Wafer Iron

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 1 13:13:24 PDT 2008

Alys K. wrote:
>Greetings!  While visiting my daughter in San Francisco, I succumbed
>to a wafer iron that we saw in a culinary antique store.  You can
>see photos at
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/8311418@N08/

First, let me thank Alys K. for spending much of her Sunday teaching
about a dozen West Kingdom cooks how to make comfits. Well, ok, first
we all gathered for a tasty "all-you-can-eat" dim sum brunch. I'd
read the directions, but never imagined stirring the seeds into hot
syrup with my fingers... and now i have.

Now i have to buy a clean wok - can't use the near-antique i have
that i inherited from a friend in the mid-1970s.

Second... culinary antique store?!?!? Where is this wonder? How have
i missed it all these years?
--
the person sometimes called Urtatim
on the cusp of Oakland-Emeryville-Berkeley