[Sca-cooks] [SCA_Subtleties] Wafer Iron

Holly Stockley hollyvandenberg at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:16:02 PDT 2008

I've got a friend who recently acquired a similar one on vacation in Amsterdam, that had more information on it's provenance, I think.  I could put you in touch, if you like?  She's a SCAdian, but not on this list that I know of.

Though now I'm seized with an intense craving for stroopvafels.  And I won't be home for 3 1/2 more hours.  *sigh*

FemkeI love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.- Douglas Adams

To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org; mk-cooks at midrealm.org; SCA_Subtleties at yahoogroups.comFrom: alysk at ix.netcom.comDate: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:40:46 -0700Subject: [SCA_Subtleties] Wafer Iron

Greetings! While visiting my daughter in San Francisco, I succumbed to a wafer iron that we saw in a culinary antique store. You can see photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/8311418@N08/ . I've got some questions, though, especially for iron workers such as Phlip. While the store says that they are old, is there any way to really tell based on the construction? Also, I remember that the shop said the round part was brass. Could it be bronze or is brass correct? And, given how shallow the part that takes the batter, these would make very thin wafers, right? Because if you added lots of batter, it would squoosh out the sides and into the fire. Any comments about using this for real??Alys K. __._,_.___
Messages in this topic (9) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
Please remember to trim your posts, and to change the subject header when the topic of the post has changed or when replying to a digest message.
 Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Recent Activity

 1
New Members

 1