[Sca-cooks] Couple of quick questions for the list....

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 3 20:26:43 PDT 2008

On Oct 3, 2008, at 10:43 PM, S CLEMENGER wrote:

> I suspect that His Grace Cariadoc was referring to the wine and not
> the
> spices, as well, but my friend was really fussing over it, and I
> said I'd
> ask....:o)

I expect, on top of the argument that a half-cup is a lot of spices if
that's what was meant, that His Grace would refer to the spice powder
as Duke's Powder, and hippocras, which has been strained through a
Sleeve of Hippocrates, would be the wine.

> Thanks, everyone....
> Master A....have you gotten that brisket out of the freezer yet? Did
> you
> manage to resist?

More or less. There were a ton of viable leftovers (some pulled pork,
a container of pommes boulangere, about a quart of beef quasi-korma --
dairy-free, made with coconut milk and almonds, and some basmati pilau
to go with it) we really needed to use up...

It's difficult sometimes to calculate quantities when the 100-pound
woman eats more than the teenager and the large middle-aged man...

> --Maire, rambling on....

Adamantius, now craving cassoulet... hmmm

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter