[Sca-cooks] Couple of quick questions for the list....

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Fri Oct 3 21:02:11 PDT 2008

The thing with the soup and the hippocras, is that the reference/page number
given for the hippocras in the soup recipe takes you to a page in which the
item is clearly the blended spices, and it's not referred to as "Duke's
Powder," but as "hippocras." (no powder)
You must have an amazing freezer--kinda like going treasure-hunting in
there? Mine isn't large enough to hold an entire bag of ice, alas! So I
mostly keep the occasional bag of organic blueberries in there, or frozen
waffles or something.
You must have gotten accustomed to the fuel needs of She Who Must Be Obeyed
by now, yes? Does she need all that so she can keep you and Evil Spawn in
line?  I've met a few short, powerful women, and they are lovely and fierce
and deadly, every last one of them.....
--Maire
p.s.  Cassoulet.  oh gawd, that sounds so good! what time is dinner?