[Sca-cooks] Venison

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Oct 25 15:06:25 PDT 2008

Larding is described in a number of recipes:
from *A Book of Cookrye   *(England, 1591)
The original source can be found at Mark and Jane Waks' website
<http://jducoeur.org/Cookbook/Cookrye.html>

To Roast Venison. First perboile it, and then make it tender cast it
into cold water, then Lard it and roste it, and for sauce take broth,
Vinagre, Pepper, Cloves and mace, with a little salt and boile these
togither and serve it upon your Venison.

There are several more in the same book that mention larding vension.

There's a description with nice photos at
http://www.historicfood.com/Venison.htm

Johnnae