[Sca-cooks] huitlacoche?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 10:24:15 PDT 2008

yup...my dad used to grow corn for our family.  I can still remember opening
ears that had this fungus in it...Uuuuuughgggggghhhhhhh!  Sometimes actually
turned my stomach.  Not sure what kind of reaction I'd have now...childhood
memories are very strong and can influence our current reactions.  So even
if this were presented to me as a delicacy, I'm not sure I could eat it.

Kiri