[Sca-cooks] cooking and the rosary

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 8 16:23:50 PDT 2008

Sisuile asked:

<<< I ended up in a discussion at Pennsic with a gentle who was
recounting the
period use of telling the rosary as, effectively, an egg timer. As it
was
one of those passing conversations that just happen in the merchant
area, I
didn't think to ask *where* he had found this, other than in a
cookery book.
Does this use jog anyone's memory? A citation would be lovely, though
I'll
happily take whatever anyone can give me. >>>

Take a look at these two files in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:

rec-in-verse-msg  (12K)  2/ 2/07    Period recipes written in a verse
format.
rec-tim-pray-msg  (22K)  8/29/08    Period recipes using prayers for
timing.

Okay, I just recently created the second one and haven't uploaded it
to the website yet. I will get it uploaded later tonight.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com