[Sca-cooks] Fwd: [Ansteorra-announce] Disaster relief coordination

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Wed Sep 17 08:00:19 PDT 2008

>Thanks for this information...it's good to know that you are high and dry.
>Anyone else from down there?  Hope you are all ok.  I did hear from some
>friends in Arkansas who said they've lost power for about 6 days total
>between Gustav and Ike.

Sunday evening, the tail end of Ike came through Ohio.  We had wind up to 75 miles per hour, several people were killed, a good part of the state lost power, trees down, the ground covered in down branches, schools and businesses closed, etc.  My daughter went back to school today, but the Columbus district schools are still out.

If it was this bad, so far from the coast, I hate to think of the damage there.  This was a very powerful storm.

Ranvaig