[Sca-cooks] Cleaning metal

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 18 01:04:15 PDT 2008

Phlip mentioned:

<<< Basicly, you take a bucket, and you fill it with 1 molasses to 10
water, and let the metal soak in that for a couple of weeks.
Apparently, it cleans the metal up well, and at the end of the time,
all you need is some minor scrubbing to finish it up. >>>

I hope you or someone else will try this method. I find it hard to
believe that it does anything other than hide the rust under a
coating of thick, black molasses gunk. I can see that camouflaging
the rust, but not cleaning it up nice and shiny.

Then again, I imagine an unmentioned part of this procedure is to cap
the bucket so that all the water doesn't just evaporate, leaving the
molasses behind on the metal and the bucket.

However, occasionally I am wrong...

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas