[Sca-cooks] Das Kochbuch der Philippine Welser - Rec. 2

Sam Wallace sam_wallace at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 27 19:04:58 PDT 2008

Hello,

I appreciate the responses I got about this cookbook. To respond to the
comments about this project.... I am not interested in making money from
this project, just in sharing this work and making it accessible. It would
be nice to compile it at the end and post it, with attributions to those
involved. Also, the transcription is of the original text. It is not in
modern German. The original is in three different hands. I can make out the
first with the help of the transcription. The others are more legible I am
following along when I type this up as there are several entire sections
that were crossed out and am interested in seeing how they were handled in
the transcription. It also reassures me that I am giving you an accurate
transcription. And, yes, the word "vnnd" is repeated in the original.

Ain kunst so ainem das
zanflaisch geschowllen jst

So Nembe anderhalb lodt wolgemut ain lot Damentten ain quintle jmberzechen
ain lodt [crossed out] quintle allet ain lodt rasen es seyen dir oder gryen
vnd drey leffell voll Rrasen essyg als zu samen jn ainer halben Augspurger
mas wein gesotten Man muss es halb eyn syeden lasen vnnd vnnd jber Nacht
stan lasen jm haffen darnach durch ain dauch seyen Man mus auch ain quinttle
ayches lab [crossed out] lab d dar zu dan ain das Drey mallen Mit disem wien
den Mund weschen warem am Morgen niechteren vnnd zu Mit tag ain Mall vnnd zu
nacht wan Man schlafen will gen

Thanks,

Guillaume