[Sca-cooks] Redaction (Was: Some recipes that I have redacted)

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Mon Sep 15 16:14:53 PDT 2008

I pretty much practice the same. Formal redactions for feasts &
competitions. I'll wing it at other times. Sometimes I'll use concepts I've
learned from my medieval cooking into my modern cooking. One notably is the
use of bread crumbs as a thickner for sauces. I also try to teach people
how to redact recipes in a workshop if I can in order to de-mystify the
process for people just learning about medieval cuisine.

Euriol