[Sca-cooks] Favorite Cookbook Layouts

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 26 11:43:56 PDT 2008

I like the ingredients listed first, to facilitate shopping lists!

One format I have found rarely has been a dual list of measurements for
each ingredient;  British/Metric on one side, America/ounces/cups/etc.
on the other.  FOOD MAGIC by Jocasta Innes is the only one that springs
to mind here.  Now that lady appears to have a GOOD notion of
trans-Atlantic marketing!

Personally, I prefer to measure by weight rather than by volume, but I'm
in a minority in the US.  But an intelligent, precisionist minority.

Any format that can lie flat is good; properly bound books may look
prettier on the shelf but a book's true virtue lies not on the shelf but
in my hands!

Selene