[Sca-cooks] Eggs was Hi again everyone!!!

Celia des Archier CeliadesArchier at cox.net
Fri Apr 3 11:43:13 PDT 2009

I don't believe it preserves them for very long, but I have an Irish cookbook that has a recipe for "buttered eggs", which the
author says keeps them fresh for a while.   Essentially you just take the eggs as soon as they're laid, and still warm, and then
slaver butter all over them, which places a barrier around the porous shell, keeping air out, as I understand it.  And that's
supposed to keep them fresh longer.

Of course, I have no idea from this recipe book *when* they might have started doing that, but it may be a lead someone would like
to follow up on to document :)

In Service,
Celia