[Sca-cooks] storing dates

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 6 10:18:12 PDT 2009

I normally buy dates in relatively small quantities with a particular
recipe in mind, but I have just been gifted with a 1-kilo box of pitted
Omani dates, and I'm not sure how to handle them.  They're lined up in nice
rows (in 2 layers) in a plastic lidded box, and I wonder if I need to
refrigerate them, just leave on a (dark) pantry shelf, or ....?  I seem to
recall they keep quite well, but don't know if they'll dry out and/or get
tough or sugary if I don't use them soon enough.

Sandra