[Sca-cooks] Wild Yeast (longish and somewhat OOP) : was 'rich yeasted cake'

Euriol of Lothian euriol at ptd.net
Mon Apr 6 12:32:13 PDT 2009

I adore the stuff and find the sourdoughs I get locally are rather poor in
comparison to a good "San Francisco Extra Sourdough Bread". Then again I
grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area....

The bacteria that gives the particular "sourness" to the "San Francisco"
style is called Lactobacillus sanfrancisco. It is indigenous to the San
Francisco Bay Area.

Euriol