[Sca-cooks] Outlands Coronation Feast-PSA

Susan Lin Shoshanna at caergalen.org
Tue Apr 21 11:49:54 PDT 2009

Please forgive my PSA but who better to spread the news of an SCA meal...

As some of you may or may not know - the original cook for the feast has,
well, how do I put this, ..., quit.

I have agreed to step in at this late hour.

We are keeping the feast in the German-esque style originally planned
although the menu has been slightly altered.

The initial cut-off date for pre-registration has been extened to May 1st.

I apologize in advance to those of you who do not use potatoes or corn in
your feast preparations.  I promise that while the ingredients may not (or
may - depending on your research) be period the meal will be yummy.

There will be vegetarian options and some gluten free and kosher style
(definitely not glak kosher).

1st Course:
Lentil vegetable soup - vegetarian/gluten free
bread & butter - vegetarian

2d Course:
Bratwurst - 2 kinds, pork and chicken/apple - gluten free
pierogi - potato/cheese - vegetarian (there may be a second filling -
sauerkraut)
gratin savayard - potato/cheese casserole - vegetarian/gluten free
spaetzle - vegetarian
vegetables (these will be plain and unglazed) - seasonal (right now it looks
like carrots and broccoli but this may change)
condiments - sauerkraut, sour cream, mustards

3d Course:
Strawberry Tarts (fresh strawberries, vanilla pudding, tart crust)
for those with gluten issues - the pudding is cornstarch based and there
will be extra not in the tart crusts.

If you are interested in being on-board for Coronation the initial
reservation period has been extended until May 1st.  Please see the event
website at:
http://www.outlands.org/Default.aspx?alias=www.outlands.org/coronation

Please share this information as you see fit.  Thank you for your time.

Shoshanna