[Sca-cooks] Stolen recipes was Ummm... weird question...

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Apr 22 18:26:57 PDT 2009

Almost six weeks ago we had a discussion on the list
about the grouprecipes website and how medieval recipes
from this list, the Florilegium, medievalcookery.com, Cariadoc's
Miscellany, and godecookery.com were being misappropriated and added to
that website.

Have they removed the recipes in question? No, they haven't.
Did they respond to objections? No.

In at least one instance, they have simply printed Doc's objections as a
comment...

http://www.grouprecipes.com/55641/cinnamon-soup.html

Dmyers 3 weeks, 5 days ago said:

The original source of this recipe is
http://recipes.medievalcookery.com/cinnamon.html

This recipe was copied from MedievalCookery.com and posted here in
violation of US copyright laws.

Since grouprecipes.com asserts in their terms and conditions that they
receive full publication rights to all recipes posted on this site, I
can not permit my work to be posted here. If you wish to distribute any
of the recipes from MedievalCookery.com, please post only a link to the
recipe.

Neither grouprecipes.com or its affiliates have permission to reproduce
or distribute this recipe.

Best regards,
Daniel Myers
MedievalCookery.com