[Sca-cooks] Stolen recipes was Ummm... weird question...

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 19:11:16 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:
> Almost six weeks ago we had a discussion on the list
> about the grouprecipes website and how medieval recipes
> from this list, the Florilegium, medievalcookery.com, Cariadoc's
> Miscellany, and godecookery.com were being misappropriated and
> added to that website.

I went to the site and searched on the keyword "medieval".  One of the
recipes that came up was "Medieval Italian Stew".  I took a look.  The
recipe is my redaction of "Pie in a Pipkin" from Epulario.  The
instructions have been shortened, but the ingredients and quantities
are identical.  I posted it to rec.food.cooking in 1994, and it has
been reposted on many different websites, so I can hardly object to
them posting it.

I *am* somewhat bemused by the note that claims the recipe was
purchased in an estate sale in Texas in 1981...

Brighid ni Chiarain