[Sca-cooks] Stolen recipes was Ummm... weird question...

dmyers at medievalcookery.com dmyers at medievalcookery.com
Thu Apr 23 06:49:36 PDT 2009

Actually, I added the comment to the site.  There have been no responses
to any of the emails send to the site owners at their published contact
addresses (I really wasn't expecting a response, but one can always
hope).  None of the posters have responded either.

I wouldn't have bothered except for that clause in grouprecipe.com's
terms saying that they have full copyright on material published on
their site.  That could cause trouble for me if I decide to use one of
those recipes in a published cookbook - in order to keep my rights under
US copyright law, I need to make an effort to enforce my own rights.

Maybe I'll send a DMCA takedown notice to their upstream provider next.
If I go high enough, it might force some kind of reaction (unless the
site is hosted in China).

- Doc